Results Driven Senior Graphic Designer
Detail oriented, creative, self-motivated and passionate designer with 13 years of hands-on experience in seamlessly translating the needs and wants of clients into well-articulated creative objectives and results. Collaboratively works with stakeholders to design, develop and deliver customized marketing communications that positively impacts buyer behavior, using the latest technologies while ensuring designs are optimized for printing and web.
Serves as the point of contact for print and web design related projects. Delivers well in a fast paced and deadline intensive environment. Proactively learns new tools as they become available. Excellent organizing, coordination, communication, negotiation, problem solving and leadership skills. Key competencies include:
BFA, Communication Design, Parsons School of Design, New York, NY, Fall 2000 – May 2003
Specialized in motion graphics, multimedia animation, and interactive design.
Gained appreciation and understanding of classical graphic arts principles and traditional graphic design techniques.
AAS, Graphic Design, Northern Virginia Community College, VA, 1998 – 2000
Successfully completed courses in traditional print design, magazine layout, posters, CD covers, brochures, typography and corporate identity.
ASI Government, Inc., (Formerly Acquisition Solutions), 2005 – Present
Handle an array of web design activities spanning organization wide projects and strategic initiatives. Actively involved in Web development and interface design. Design elements and ensure consistency of branding. Key responsibilities include:
- Take ownership for designing and producing various corporate marketing communication material such as brochures, white papers, case studies, slip-sheets, proposals, presentation graphics and trade show displays, among others.
- Play a pivotal role in designing and producing e-marketing communication material such as promo video, banner ads, e-marketing and e-cards. Establish branding for web pages including reports, banners and promotional elements.
- Design interactive and informational graphic content. Instrumental in developing the company logo and style guide.
- Build graphic elements that provide clear and intuitive navigation. Effectively manage the brand assets of the company.
- Supervise day-to-day maintenance of the Website and the content. Manage and archive library of graphic assets including corporate headshots, image library photos and artwork. Contribute to web design policies and practices.
Graphic Designer / Animator, SpectrumMarket.com, Annapolis, MD, 2003 – 2005
Designed and implemented the management of an animated Graphic User Interface which controls multiple databases and facilitates secure online transactions and management economies in an intuitive B2B e-commerce space. Components of the interface included animation, home page, navigational guides, thematic page layouts, pop-ups, banners, electronic marketing, and a corporate identity program with animated email and traditional print elements.
Weekend Photoshop Instructor, Fairfax County Public Schools, 2004 – 2005
Effectively trained beginners and intermediate students on Adobe Photoshop software.Delivered tutorials on masking, painting, photo manipulation, creating print and web pages and other design techniques.
Graphic Designer (Part time), New School University, New York, Fall 2000 – April 2003
Developed and executed signage throughout the university grounds for various programs including commencement activities at Madison Square Garden. Liaised and coordinated university signage activities with external printers.
Invited, evaluated and recommended qualified bids to the Facilities Management. Trained students in creating signage and using relevant software. Participated in the design and execution of the University’s Rental Spaces e-brochure.
Key competencies include:
- Creative Direction
- Prototype Development
- Design Best Practices
- Quality Assurance
Software and Development
- After Effects
- Microsoft Power Point
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Sharepoint
Freelance Brand and Web Development Projects
TRAINING PROGRAM ATTENDED
Advance Adobe After Effects, LEDET Wash, DC: Learnt in great detail about effects, 3d space, camera use and expressions
- Building Enterprise Solutions with SharePoint Server 2007: Hands-on training on the functionalities of MOSS Enterprise Edition including its portal, search features and its infrastructure for Web Content Management (WCM), business process automation and Business Intelligence (BI)
- Advance CSS with Dreamweaver, Sterling Ledet, DC: Controlling appearance of websites by separating the visual presentation from the content Advance design using cascading style sheet and hands on training on how to build effective navigation, with page layouts, typography, colors, and white space
- Conducting Effective Market Research: ASI Government Tools and techniques necessary to perform effective market research for the government and how to develop and execute a comprehensive market research plan
- Consulting Training (ASI Government): Strengthen consultative and partnership skill and approach and encourage broader client- centered outcome orientation and solution
- Fast Track to ColdFusion Programing MX 7, Figleaf, DC: Gained knowledge and hands- on experience in building and maintaining dynamic and interactive web applications using ColdFusion 7
- Seven Steps to Performance Based Acquisition, ASI Government: A three-day program, the course provides buying and selling professionals with the knowledge and tools needed to plan, negotiate, and manage contracts using the statement of objective approach
Member – Online News Association and Women in Film & Video.
Member – American professional organization for design (AIGA)